Tuesday, November 8, 2011

First Halloween!

Halloween is our least favorite holiday.  I hoped that having kids might change that attitude, but no such luck this year.  All we really had to do for a 6 week old is get her a cute outfit and we ended up getting her two not so cute outfits that were way too big.  She was a trooper with the many outfit changes and adjustments, so I guess she didn't mind. 

2011 Halloween Outfit No. 1:  Penguin.  I ordered this outfit over a month ago.  When it came in, it was obvious that it was going to be way too big.    


 She thought momma's frustration was pretty funny!


2011 Halloween Outfit No 2:  Pink Bunny.  I got this outfit after getting the penguin outfit in the mail and realizing that the penguin outfit was going to be way too big on her.   The pink bunny outfit was so big that we didn't even bother putting on the bottom half and I had to position the ears so you could tell what they are.  At least her little gown was cute with it and she was all smiles throughout the changes. 



Here is our little bunnguin, too tuckered out to mess with another outfit removal.  Next year we hope for greater success!


We managed to capture some pretty good pictures this week and I finally got one of her with her full knock us over smile. 


Bryn and Miller hanging out with supervision.  Miller gave her kisses (on her forehead).  He swipes on her now and shows affection.  Tegan will still smell her, but not much more.  I'm guessing that she would show more affection if she didn't smell like me. 


Play time.  Can you find the words I spelled during play time?   Pretty proud moment.  I can still spell.  "Love" is misspelled intentionally before I get text messages about this. 


 Here is a video of Bryn cooing and smiling.  I only put this up for family who have not seen her do this (she tends to fall asleep as soon as someone walks in the door).  I ask for two favors (1) turn your volume off before watching...I sound like an idiot talking to her and (2) stop the video about 10 seconds before it ends our you will see a massive spit up explosion.  I don't know how to edit the videos yet. 


All dressed up to go get the oil changed in the car and go shopping at a organic food store for some hippy food.  We decided we like the creepy guys who changed the oil better than the judgmental employees at the grocery store.  Don't ask them questions that betray the fact that you do not shop at the organic food store frequently. 

Sidenote #1:  I have learned from a close friend who does this as part of her job that companies pay people to search blogs and facebook for references to their stores.  Therefore, if you are curious "organic food store" is located at 95th and Metcalf.  

Sidenote #2:  Coconut water is disgusting.  Kale is disgusting.  Mixing the two is even more disgusting. 

Sidenote #3:  If all of the people who judge babies and mothers who have "Big Name Brand Store" clothes on similarly wear the same ill-fitting jeans and baggy shirts, are they not also conformists?

Sidenote #4 to Bryn only:  Our feelings towards that experience does not give you permission to be a conservative. 

I kid.

Kind of.

Not really.


All tuckered out from her trip.


Celebrating Nathan's 22nd Birthday!


 
Our first heartbreaking moment of realizing that she has outgrown a special outfit.  This was her bonnet that she came home from the hospital in.  Thankfully, you can see in her 6 week pictures below, the jumper will still fit for several more weeks.  




No comments:

Post a Comment