Wednesday, September 17, 2014

First Week Home

I'm not going to be able to keep up very well with the blog this time around.  Claire has been absolutely wonderful and I can't remember not having her.  Bryn is so sweet with her too.  Life is good.

Before I go into picture/Claire overload, I want to make sure to remember some of the funny things Bryn is doing.  I love how she says "shoclate" and "marshlows" and one of her favorite things to do is to make me coffee while taking her bath.  I love how she calls Sydney across the street "my friend" because she always forgets her name.  I love how she always "wants to go to Jax's place" and how she quietly plays with the toys in their garage without needing anyone to play with her.  I love how she always asks "momma, can I touch Claire?" (usually after she has already started touching her.)  I love how she loves her letters that we write to her in the mornings at school and comes home and shows us the heart shape on them.  Most of all, I can't believe how sweet she is 95% of the time.  I realize I also love how she shows some spirit the remaining 5%.  Don't tell her though.

Here are some pictures the first week after we brought Claire home.  I actually have narrowed these to about 1/8 of the ones we took. 

First day home.

 
 

 



 
Bryn really loves Zoi.
 
 
 
Fun with Family.
 
 
 
 

 
Meeting the wonderful neighbors!
 



Lounging
 
 


 
Tummy Time and Reading

 

 
Snuggles are the Best!
 



I had some fun repeating pictures.  The first one in the sets are Bryn and the rest are Claire.  I obviously had not refreshed myself on what Bryn's pictures looked like.  It also appears after years of obsessing over the blog and my fancy camera, I did better with Bryn's pics.  Lovely.

 

 
 
 
First Doctor's Appointment at one week old.  She weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces (almost birth weight).  She didn't have to go in every other day for a weight check like her sister!
 
 
Beth Ann sent us this picture the first week home and we thought it was hilarious.  Yes, that is us with our first experience with a baby.  Isaac is now in middle school.  We haven't aged a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment