Monday, November 4, 2013

Ms. Emma Sterner

On October 12th, we had big plans relax and then have a play date with the Schmidts.  While Bryn and Nick were napping, I made what was intended to be a quick run to PetsMart and surrounding stores.  Two hours later I had rudely canceled on our good friends and was walking out with a cat in my arms.  I still feel terrible about that, but as you are all aware, this is a pretty big day in the Bell household.  (I won't insult the Sterner name when it comes to cat craziness.)

We have been talking for a few months about getting another cat.  Bryn is really gentle with animals and she loves it when Zoi comes to visit.  We were thinking maybe around Christmas, but when I walked in and saw what looked to be Miller with Siamese markings, amazing light blue eyes and a huge purr, could not walk out without her.  Here are the pictures I frantically sent to Nick before calling and begging.   

 

 
Emma was born on June 27 in a pretty rough environment. Our understanding is that a woman brought Emma and her three siblings in along with the momma cat, who was a Maine Coon (like Miller). None of them were doing very well and all had fleas and worms. The Humane Society took the kittens and told the woman she could not have them back. They also kept the momma kitty temporarily to get Emma back in good health through nursing, since she was the lowest weight and in the worst shape. 
 
I happened to walk in on Emma's first day that she was eligible for adoption.  Her name was Ella at PetsMart, but it is now Emma so as to not confuse Bryn by having her cat have the same name as her cousin and her best friend at daycare. 
 
Emma is just simply perfect so far.  She is very cuddly, especially for being a kitten and she loves to be around us.  She is patient with Bryn and so far has made no attempt to scratch or bite her.  Tegan is happy to have her as an addition and Emma goes up and swipes on her when she is sleeping.  We really are shocked. I went into this knowing that kittens are difficult and there were low chances of getting two "non-cat" cats in a row and she has so far proved me wrong.  Fingers crossed...
 
Here are some pictures of Emma on her first day with us.  I will try not to make this an animal blog, but I want to remember her first day! 
 
Meeting Nick.  He was not happy when I called asking, but has not muttered one complaint since meeting her.  She won him over.
 
 
Meeting Bryn





 



 
Sleeping with Bryn in our bed her first morning.  Never met a kitten that will let a two year old sleep with their arms around them.  We are positive she is sweet...less positive that she is smart.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment