Friday, August 24, 2012

11 Months

We have been very busy the last few weeks.  I've hosted a Wedding shower and bachelorette party, worked late almost every week night, worked on the weekends when possible, spent a weekend at Table Rock lake, celebrated summer birthdays at Aunt Joyce's and celebrated August birthdays at the farm.  Somewhere in there I turned 30.  Every bit of the non-work activities have been a blast, but I've thought more than once that we must be equal parts blessed and crazy.  Good thing football season is approaching.  That should free up our schedule.

We love staying busy and love being with family and friends.  I think if I can drop the working nights part soon, all will be perfect.  Elizabeth is living with us right now.  I think.  Really she's living with Nick and watching me run around like crazy until we get Bryn down for bed, followed by me either actually working or stressing about how I should be working.  Good thing she and Nick get along so well.  They are such lively conversationalists, averaging about 3 words per hour.  If I come in with crazy talk, it is clear by the looks on both their faces that I have disrupted their peaceful evening.  Sorry for partying.  (This is just an expression, mom.) 

Bryn has no trouble talking.  She is going to give me a run for my money on who talks more, for sure.  We're positive that she got some recessive talking gene from her Great Aunt Meme.  Here is an example:



Deanna Rose from Catherine Bell on Vimeo.

This video was at Deanna Rose and Bryn had a blast!  She liked the ducks the most, as you can see.  I had the best time out of all of us and came close to catnapping a bobcat who looked like Miller.

If you listen closely, you can hear her say Duck and Momma.  She also is saying "Dad, Dada, more, TT (Tegan), EeeeAAHH (Tegan) and Elizabeth and I swear we've recently heard her say "book" and "Hi."  She also still loves to make her owl/whale sound WoooOooo and she points and says "Ba" so often that daycare asked us what it meant.  We have no idea.  It does not seem to be bottle, so all we can think is she is trying to say her own name or just babbling for the heck of it. 

At Deanna Rose, I managed to take the only clear picture I have ever taken of Bryn.  Definitely her father's daughter except for her eyes, which in color, set and shape, look like my mom, Great Aunt Me Me and Great Grammy Beth's.  The only thing we think she has from me is abnormally small feet.  And a great personality obviously.   


We went to the lake with our friends Tim and Brooke the second weekend of August and Bryn got to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa.  She went shopping, ate out, played outside, and got caught up on some sleep.  They all had a blast. 


Unlike someone else, I don't think she got to play dress up that weekend . . .  


Weird. 

Bryn is eating anything and everything now.  And all she wants to do is eat.  She conveniently is signing "more", "eat", "water", "stars" (food puffs), but has no interest in signing "book," "please" or "thank you."  Her favorite things to eat are apples, mac n' cheese and chicken, but most of all, she loves dill pickles! 


We had a great time at Joyce and Rod's Saturday.  Bryn loved playing with Joyce and Grandma.

Here are some pictures from Ft. Scott this weekend.  Bryn loves being outside there, seeing all of the kids running around, riding the golf cart and riding the rocking horse.


Travis and Brittany joined us for a fun evening at the KU Football Pep Rally in Prairie Village.  Bryn pointed at the balloons (saying "Ba" of course, but pretty sure that was coincidental) and she loved rocking her sunglasses and people watching.  Daddy went and got her a brand new outfit and shoes for the occasion.  Ridiculous.  She was not a fan of the skinny jeans.  They hampered her scoot/crawl.


Speaking of the crawl, Bryn still shows zero interest in crawling on her hands and knees.  She gets around just fine and very quickly as it is.  She is, however, showing interest in pulling up finally.  Nick got a quick phone pic of her efforts and of his fingers. 


She has started to make messes.  It only gets more crazy from here!

 
What do you do when you see your very first double rainbow?  Wave at it of course!


Ms. Faralee at daycare told me this week that Bryn is surprisingly able to stand up to older kids for being a first born child.  She said they had to walk away they were laughing so hard because a little boy who is walking tried to take a toy away from Bryn and she turned around and spit at him.  I guess we shouldn't be encouraging this anymore . . .   


Bryn's 11 Month Picture!





No comments:

Post a Comment