Bryn had her 9 month appointment on June 29th and the results surprised us. She is now 19 pounds, 8 ounces which is 55th percentile and is 28 inches long, which is the 60th percentile. She has dropped in the percentiles, but nothing to worry about.
The best thing about all of that is right now she is wearing clothes that actually match her age, which makes shopping for fall clothes much easier. I also don't mind the short delay in getting new car seats!
Bryn has really enjoyed the summer. She is waves at everyone...and everything, is starting to blow kisses, mimics funny mouth noises and plays peek a boo while holding a blanket. Sometimes, if a blanket isn't handy, she puts her right arm on her head, because that works too!
She loves the water, whether it is bath time or pool time. She likes to make big splashes and get her face wet. If she is in the tub, the baby in the silver overflow drain is really fun to yell at too. Here are some pictures of her first big swim. There was a great amount of purchasing, planning and work involved for 30 minutes in a pool, but it was well worth it!
Wrinkled foot.
Video of her enjoying the water.
Bryn Swimming June 28 2012 from Catherine Bell on Vimeo.
In case we forget what the heck she is holding in all of these pictures, Bryn has become very attached to a hot pink duck that was in her Valentine's Day bag from a little boy named Finn at school. I will try not to read too much into that.
Bryn and Dave on July 4th! It was so nice of him to come see Bryn again! Dave and I were just a little older than Bryn when we started hanging out and we still talk at least every other week. Yes, unlucky Dave.
I love that Bryn will know him her whole life just like me. Also, now that I have typed his name his way three times I shall say ... Davy. Ok, my world is right again.
I have been making baby food for Bryn and we have been trying to get her to eat more finger foods. So far, she will not eat anything remotely textured if it is in her baby food, but we'll keep trying. I will say, girlfriend better start liking spaghetti soon or she and I are going to have a serious conversation. I made her homemade broccoli baby food and it was disgusting to all of us. She loves homemade peaches and apples though. Here she is enjoying an avocado. We save these for occasions when I have enough time to clean her up. So it has happened once.
She is starting to take one bottle of formula a day and my goodness she does not like formula! Like glares at mommy from across the room hatred towards formula, following by complete rejection and pushing the bottle away. Judging by the terrible smell of mixed formula, I don't blame her. This kid takes her food seriously and she is here to tell us DON'T MESS WITH IT.
She has also really enjoyed going to restaurants and sampling our food and sitting at the big girl highchair. Yes, she is chewing on a coaster that says "for the love of beer." We forgot the duck.
Really really excited.
We headed to get Bryn's picture taken in a dress that my sister and I both wore. She loves being out and about!
Not sure what the two of them are thinking about here.
Words.
She's getting some hair! Well, a little anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment