Wednesday, May 2, 2012

7 Months

Bryn has continued enjoying sitting up and playing with blocks.  She is more interactive each day and absolutely loves eating pureed food, especially sweet potatoes and bananas.  We introduced the sippy cup with water in it last weekend and she hasn't quite figured that out yet, but she likes to bang it on her highchair tray.  She doesn't show much of an interest yet in crawling and will immediately roll over if we put her on her tummy.  She is very strong on her feet and I expect might end up skipping the crawling phase, but we'll see. 

She definitely hit the growth spurt in height that the pediatrician predicted.  Our "little" 7 month old has grown out of most of her 6-9 month clothes.  She also has slimmed down a little with the growth spurt, but don't worry, still several layers of rolls to kiss. 

Bryn is actively saying "da, da da" when she is happy.  She whispers it over and over like she is singing to herself.  She also says "ma ma ma" and "mom," but only when she is upset or crying.  Typical.  I have read that babies don't correlate those words with people until about 1 year old.  Usually I'd say she's an exception to this, but since she only says my name when she's mad, I'm going with the thought that it is random. 

Here are Bryn's 7 month pictures.

 

 Here is what happens when you take away something she likes.  In this case, paper.

 

All better!


She recently became obsessed with Tegan and Miller.  She won't give us the time of day if Tegan is in the room and will twist around in our arms to watch her.  Tegan is paying a little more attention to her, but I can't figure out if it is overly friendly.  She has not shown any aggression towards her, but we are still very careful.  Tegan is a one person dog for sure and I'm not sure if she views Bryn as competition like she clearly views me or if she is starting to warm up.  Miller will let Bryn pat him with with a look on his face like he is being tortured, but in true Miller style, he is too lazy to move away. 


Bryn recently got some shades and a new hat for the summer.  We haven't tried swimming yet, but will force ourselves to do that soon.  Nick and I can't think of anything less fun than going to a swimming pool, but it will be a good time to see how much she likes it. 


Nick and I went to the Rock Chalk Ball with Jana, Travis, Brittany, Mark and Alli and it was very fun as usual.  Good food and great friends.  Thanks again for making the drive from Tulsa, Jana and to my parents for watching Bryn. 


Last, I went to Vegas for four days last week for work.  It was a beneficial event, but my first time away from Bryn for that long.  The best part was seeing Erin, Eric, Blake and Lane Friday night!  Nick wasn't too exhausted when I came home and I think they had a great time together.  She also got to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa Sterner and Joyce Saturday night before my flight came in and while Nick went to a work event.  So thankful to have family who love to watch her!  Here is a picture that a friend who has her daughter in the same daycare sent me in the middle of my trip.  She loves her daycare bouncy seat!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment